SURELOCK® mechanical anchors are flexible high-tensile steel strands of specific lengths, anchored inside a drilled hole with an innovative locking-off unit called the ‘SURELOCK® swivel barrel’ at the collar. The advantage of using this locking-off device is that once the required prestressed load is achieved, the shear ring shears on the barrel into a positive visual indicator with an audible knock.
SURELOCK® mechanical anchors are made to requirements as specified by the end user. These anchors are designed to give immediate support and are normally post-grouted after being pre-stressed.
- These anchors are easily installed using trained support installation crews
- The cable anchors are manufactured to the required specifications of the customer e.g., the cut length of the strand, size of expansion shell, specified load at which shear ring activates.
- All mechanical anchors are tensioned to the required loads as specified by the customer, with hydraulic equipment approved by the supplier
- The mechanical anchors require reasonably competent rock in order for the expansion shell to embed itself inside the drilled hole
- All mechanical anchors may be grouted either before or after pre-stressing the anchors.
|Ultimate tensile strength (tons)||Working load (tons)||Hole diameter
|12.7||18||10||38 to 42|
|15.24||25||15||38 to 42|
|35||20||38 to 42|
|38||20||38 to 42|
Duraset provides onsite product demonstrations and technical back-up