High strength bar for geotechnical applications.
The unique 3-leaf expansion unit has exclusive features that ensure positive anchorage under the most arduous conditions.
The expansion unit, which is available as a ‘bail type’ unit, is a 3-leafed mechanical anchor which conforms to the hole diameter. This feature ensures a more even load distribution between the anchor and the rock at the anchor point.
The serrations on the shell are rounded off. This is done to reduce point loading at the contact point between the shell and the surface of the borehole. This reduces crushing of the rock and broaching of the hole, thus taking maximum advantage of the strength of the undisturbed rock at the anchor point.
- SABS 936/937 – 1969 SG iron castings grade 42
- Bail: commercial-quality mild steel.
- Expansion units are normally supplied with ISO metric threads or DIN 405 threads. Other threads can be supplied on special order.
- Left-hand expansion units are available for left-hand threaded rock studs.
- Expansion units can be supplied only as bail type.