Shepherds Crooks/grout rods are manufactured to client specification in a variety of arm lengths and from steels to meet the specified requirements. They are manufactured in smooth or deformed steel conforming to the requirements of SABS 920 and in accordance with our ISO 9001 quality listing. Duraset manufactures Shepherds crooks/grout rods to client specification in a variety of arm lengths and from steels to meet the specified requirements.
- Manufactured in smooth or deformed steel, conforming to the requirements of SABS 920 and in accordance with our
- ISO 9000 quality listing
- Slightly elongated eye to prevent any excess stress during the forming process
- Continuous quality and conformance control
- Standard packaging into bundles of 10 and then bundles of 100 – may differ to suit client requirements
- Variety of arm lengths available – care must be taken to order the correct length
Note: In areas where lacing is not required, a specially kinked bar that provides the necessary support is a cheaper alternative to the Shepherds crook. Both products are available in 250 MPa, 450 MPa, Pv600 steel.
The terms listed below refer to the 0,2% proof stress (characteristic strength) as per SABS 920.
|Stress|| Available Sizes
|Smooth & deformed
Smooth & deformed
|Pv600||This term is used to distinguish this special steel from the more conventional SABS 920 steels – the characteristic strength is in excess of 600 MPa.|